New funding is available to support employers who need to improve homeworking infrastructure to enable their employees to work from home.
The ‘Homeworking Support Initiative’ is a programme delivered by Buckinghamshire Business First and funded by Buckinghamshire Council which will award eligible businesses grants of between £500 and £2,000 to help mitigate the disruption caused by employees needing to shield or self-isolate due to Covid-19.
Grants can fund improvements in equipment, infrastructure and digital skills support.
Who can receive a grant?
Grants are available to businesses, schools, social enterprises and charities who are registered and/or trading in the Unitary Authority area of Buckinghamshire, and who:
- have between 3-100 PAYE employees (either part-time or full-time) who live in the Buckinghamshire Council area
- can demonstrate a rationale for the proposed activity/project and how it fits within the grant criteria
- meet the eligibility criteria detailed in the HSI Grant Terms & Conditions and Guidance Notes
- organisations may only receive one grant from this fund
- organisations in the Milton Keynes Council area are not eligible
What can the HSI grants be used for?
Examples of eligible activities include:
- Technology needed to facilitate homeworking
- Technology or training to help ensure online security for organisational systems
- Training staff in digital skills
- Developing a model to take payments online
- Health and wellbeing training or activity to support hybrid working
- Training for staff to be better able to use (homeworking) technology e.g. cloud-based CRM / Office 365 etc.
How to apply:
Applications are now open and will be appraised against criteria outlined in the terms and conditions. Not all applications will be successful as the fund is limited. Please do not incur any expenditure until you have received notification that your application has been successful.
If you wish to discuss your proposed project and grant eligibility with a Business Adviser prior to submitting your application, please ensure you have read the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01494 927130.