You will combine work-based training along with achieving the Intermediate (Level 2) Adult Care Worker apprenticeship qualification.
Working for one of the largest employers in the County we have an exciting opportunity where you will join a 20-month rotational programme to gain skills and experience across 2 of our Short Breaks Service teams.
Your apprentice salary will be £21,065 per annum and all your training will be funded by us. As well as the salary, our apprentices are eligible to:
- Paid holiday package
- Join our generous Pension scheme
- Get 50% off of bus travel
- Receive a range of restaurant, shop & gym discounts through our Employee Benefits scheme.
- Apply for a NUS Extra card
Possible start date: July/August 2023
About the role
This trainee role is on a fixed term contract for the duration of the apprenticeship which is approximately 20 months.
The role will require you to:
- To complete the Care Certificate within the first 2 months of employment.
- To undertake the Level 2 Adult Care worker apprenticeship by working across 2 areas on a rotational programme (Seeleys Day and Seeleys Overnight Short Breaks). Depending on your skills and experience a Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker apprenticeship may be possible. We’ll give you time during your working week for study and assessments- which means no evening or weekend study is required!
Please see job summary attached for full details about the role.
Our 'on-the-go’ roles mean you’ll usually start and finish your day from a base, moving around between different locations throughout the day. You won’t need a fixed desk to work from, but you’ll have access to our network where you can keep up to date with admin and the latest staff updates.
- Willing to study relevant care qualification, such as NVQ Level 2 or equivalent. Care certificate and level 2/3 apprenticeship
- Basic ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of vulnerable adults.
- Be able to work effectively within a professional environment.
- Be able to manage demands.
- Sensitivity and empathy to build trusting and supportive relationships with clients and families.
- Caring skills in order to provide practical, emotional support to clients and families.
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 3 to 1 (D to G), or equivalent
- Functional Skills at Level 1
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- Ability to work flexibly, evenings and weekends
- Enhanced DBS with Barring check
- Where the role is customer-facing and the post holder is required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Experience of working with Adults in a social care setting or undertaking voluntary work with adults.
- Awareness of the services provided by the range of partners and communities.
- Be able to use initiative within boundaries set by the Supervisor/Assistant Team Manager/Team Manager/Advanced Practitioner.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to individual and reflective supervision
Deadline for applications: 4 June, 2023
This is an external job opportunity. Clicking on apply will take you to an external website where you can find out more and apply.Apply