Earn while you learn. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a genuine interest in a career in finance/accounting. As an Accounts Assistant (Apprentice) you will support the Finance Manager and Accounts Administrator to undertake a range of finance/accounting related tasks and to provide administrative support to the team.
37 hours per week but part time considered. You will be expected to attend training 1 day per week on day release to complete the Apprenticeship.
£10,000 pa plus benefits including 10% non-contributory pension and up to 10% performance related bonus.
Buckinghamshire Business First will fund the training costs for the Apprenticeship
You will need excellent organisational skills, enjoy working as part of a team and to be able to demonstrate an interest in accounting.
Support the work of the Finance Manager and Accounts Administrator:
- Posting of financial transactions on to the accounting system including Journal entries, Invoices and Expenses
- Ensuring the supplier and customer records are kept up-to-date and accurate
- To raise sales invoices as required for the BBF Group
- To provide general administrative support to the team by answering the phone, responding to emails, filing and opening the post
- Support the team in preparing the financial claims to our funders
- To carry out any adhoc tasks as appropriate to the role and as set by the Finance Manager
This is an Apprenticeship role and we expect the responsibilities of the person evolve as their training progresses. Mentoring and support will be provided by the Finance Manager as required.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English
- Highly proactive and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational Skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Studying or recently completed the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting
This role is located in the Saunderton, Buckinghamshire office.
Please note: Buckinghamshire Business First\Ngage is in the process of finding new office accommodation. The new accommodation will be in Buckinghamshire and will likely be within a short radius of our current offices in Saunderton and Aylesbury. The successful applicant for this position will be kept informed by his/her line manager of any intended change in location
To apply please download the application form here and send a completed version to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV or write to HR Department, Buckinghamshire Business First, The Saunderton Estate, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, HP14 4BF.
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 23rd April 2018.
Deadline for applications: 9 April, 2018
Job applications for this role can be submitted by email to email@example.com@bbf.uk.com