You’ll join a talented brigade of chefs who demonstrate natural palates and creative flair in the Restaurant. In this fast paced environment, every attention to the finest detail is afforded to dishes served over breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Creative talent is widely supported and you will have the opportunity to work with the finest seasonal and local produce. Throughout the year there will functions such as weddings, craft fairs, hog roasts, BBQs some of which you will be expected to take the lead on in the kitchen.
You must be passionate, hardworking and dedicated to a progressive career as a professional Chef. Our ideal candidate will be energetic, creative and have the confidence in their skills and ability to thrive at Missenden Abbey.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as be knowledgeable of classic food preparations, dishes and cooking.
- Level 2 NVQ in professional cookery or equivalent
- One year’s experience working in a similar role
- Possess excellent food presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Level 2 Food Safety certificate
- To be a highly motivated, driven individual with the desire to inspire others and work in a leading catering environment
- Experience of hitting and achieving KPIs , GP and wastage targets in challenging environments
- Ability to manage small and medium size projects
Deadline for applications: 31 October, 2021
Job applications for this role can be submitted by email to Philip.Child@missendenabbey.ltd.uk.Philip.Child@missendenabbey.ltd.uk