We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Chef De Partie.
You’ll join a talented brigade of chefs who demonstrate natural palates and creative flair in the Restaurant. In this fast paced environment, every attention to the finest detail is afforded to dishes served over breakfast, lunch and dinner. Creative talent is widely supported and you will have the opportunity to work with the finest seasonal and local produce. Throughout the year there will functions such as weddings, craft fairs, hog roasts, BBQs some of which you will be expected to take the lead on in the kitchen.
You must be passionate, hardworking and dedicated to a progressive career as a professional Chef. Our ideal candidate will be energetic, creative and have the confidence in their skills and ability to thrive at Missenden Abbey.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as be knowledgeable of classic food preparations, dishes and cooking. It’s essential that you have a level 2 NVQ in professional cookery or equivalent. It’s required that you have at least one year’s experience working in a similar role and possess excellent food presentation skills. Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure are key, along with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
It is essential that you have an in-date Level 2 Food Safety certificate. In return, we will offer you a supportive workplace in a luxurious environment, competitive salary and excellent training and development opportunities. This post requires the candidate to be flexible and dedicated to the hospitality profession working Full Time, 5 days over 7.
- Level 2 NVQ in professional cookery or equivalent
- One year’s experience working in a similar role
- Possess excellent food presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Level 2 Food Safety certificate
- To be a highly motivated, driven individual with the desire to inspire others and work in a leading catering environment
- Experience of hitting and achieving KPIs , GP and wastage targets in challenging environments
- Ability to manage small and medium size projects
Deadline for applications: 31 May, 2023
This is an external job opportunity. Clicking on apply will take you to an external website where you can find out more and apply.Apply