The successful candidate will be required to:
- Start at 8:30am
- Provide administrative support to the Faculty Director and associated managers within the team.
- Monitor student attendance and punctuality and support lecturers in following up concern with students, parents and employers.
- Administer the Student Disciplinary Process within the team.
- Working alongside the Faculty Director to ensure smooth running of the department, organising external verifier visits, preparing for induction weeks, parents evenings and maintain inventory and fair usage of department resources.
We will encourage you to develop new skills and expand your opportunities within the college. We are also flexible and accommodating, allowing you to be as productive as possible.
While working at Buckinghamshire College Group you can also take advantage of a host of employee benefits including:
- Pension scheme - LGPS (18.3% employer contribution)
- 30 holiday entitlement & Additional annual leave purchase scheme
- Free onsite parking
- A wide range of learning - access to free training & continuous professional development
- Discounts in the Aylesbury Day Nursery & Aylesbury Salon Intuition
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
Here at Buckinghamshire College Group, we are passionate about helping people of all ages and abilities to achieve their learning goals and life aspirations. You will find a warm welcome at all of our campuses in; Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, where we are a thriving community of over 590 Staff and 7,000 students and we are sure that whatever your aspirations and career goals, we can help you to achieve them.
This College does one of the most important jobs in the country - educating people of all ages to help them to succeed in life and create the skills society needs. Moreover, we do it well. We have high standards, with good success rates for students and more students joining us each year.
Our staff are the most important resource that the College has in securing this success. We therefore value our staff highly and offer a competitive reward and benefits package.
We hope you will want to be part of Buckinghamshire College Group and we very much look forward to welcoming you.
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCG is committed to equal opportunities for all, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and staff alike; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Only completed applications will be considered for this role. All applicants will need to complete an application form via our College Website.
Closing date for applications is the 12th April 2023, with interviews taking place shortly after
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if we receive sufficient applications or source a suitable candidate. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
- Educated to GCSE level – English and Maths Grade C.
- Level 2 qualification or equivalent in secretarial/Business Administration related subject.
- Educated to Advanced Level.
- Good understanding of how to deal effectively with correspondence.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- An understanding of, and demonstrable commitment to, Safeguarding children and Young People (Every Child Matters) and Vulnerable Adults.
- Successful general office experience, which includes experience of a range of administrative tasks.
- Previous experience of operating in a secretarial role.
- Experience of working in a busy environment with competing demands
- Well developed IT skills, including word processing, email, preparation of spreadsheets and charts using Word and Excel and using the Internet.
- Ability to utilise databases, including inputting accurate data and producing reports.
- Good communication skills with the ability to handle all types of telephone and face to face contact.
- Ability to prepare correspondence accurately to a high standard.
- A flexible and organised approach to work with the ability to prioritise, and meet deadlines.
Other Specific Qualities:
- Be a good organiser.
- Able to cope with a variety and high volume of work
- Able to react flexibly under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity, Child Protection, Safeguarding and Prevent showing a desire to challenge inequality and promote diversity and adhere to College Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate values and behaviours suitable to work with children and young people.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Able to work as a team player.
- Ability to promote and deliver outstanding customer service
Deadline for applications: 12 April, 2023
This is an external job opportunity. Clicking on apply will take you to an external website where you can find out more and apply.Apply