To grow Lindengate’s positive digital reputation and presence and assist with the development of new opportunities.
• Strong copy writing and proofreading skills are essential
• Some photography and image design ability, along with knowledge of image manipulation software
• Experience of Wordpress & website maintenance
• A track record of developing and implementing successful digital marketing campaigns
• Highly competent use of Microsoft Office products, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Canva & other relevant software
• Keep up to date with current digital trends
• Manage communication across all social media platforms, internally and externally,
• Reporting on social media stats, including Google Analytics on a weekly/monthly basis to the Communications Manager
• Producing exciting social media campaigns and building engagement across multiple social media channels to grow online traffic, engagement, followers & click through rates, subscribers to newsletter
• Seek digital fundraising opportunities & work to grow our ecommerce presence over the next 3 years.
• To be sensitive to, and supportive of, people with mental health challenges with whom we work, in all areas of practice and adhere to our safeguarding policies.
• To observe all health and safety requirements.
• To undertake any additional and appropriate functions as required. Any additional duties will normally be to cover unforeseen circumstances or changes in work and will usually be compatible with the regular type of work. If an additional task or responsibility becomes a regular or frequent part of the job, it will be included in the job description in consultation with the post holder.
• Educated to a good standard, with relevant skill set for the vacancy
• Experience with working with people at different levels, demonstrating an ability to engage effectively
• Excellent organisational skills, including ability to work on own initiative, managing & prioritising workload & high level of communication skills
• Ability to develop relationships with a variety of different people
• Confident and professional approach, ability to exercise own judgment and discretion
• Experience in using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems & using online fundraising platforms
• Hard working, resilient & committed to working as part of a team
• Adaptable and flexible with a willingness to occasionally carry out duties outside office hours
• An awareness of and interest in the work of Lindengate and nature based charities, with an empathy with conservation and protecting the environment.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Experience of social platforms, including Hootsuite & other relevant software
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a busy workload, executing an ongoing plan
• Good MS Office Knowledge (Outlook, Word & Excel)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail & copywriting skills
• Highly experienced in editing pictures and videos & creating content, using Canva or similar software
• Proven work experience in social media management
• An ability to work individually and as part of a team
Deadline for applications: 31 October, 2021
Job applications for this role can be submitted by email to email@example.com@lindengate.org.uk