Do you have experience in the Electrical Trade? Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge, expertise, have a desire to make a difference and want to be involved in educating young people?
We are seeking to recruit a part time Lecturer in Electrical to join the Buckinghamshire College Group, based at our Aylesbury Campus.
Working within our Construction Department, you will be promoting high levels of skilled work and encouraging student ambition leading to positive progression for our learners.
The successful candidate will:
Have excellent practical skills and a good current knowledge base of your subject
Plan and deliver highly effective learning programmes for diverse and individual students, ensuring they are stretched and challenged to reach their full potential
Contribute to the College’s pursuit of excellence by delivering high quality teaching
We will encourage you to develop new skills and expand your opportunities within the college. We are also flexible and accommodating, allowing you to be as productive as possible. While working at Buckinghamshire College Group you can also take advantage of a host of employee benefits including:
Pension scheme - TPS (23.68 % employers' contribution)
35-holiday entitlement & Additional annual leave purchase scheme
Free onsite parking
A wide range of learning - access to free training & continuous professional development
Discounts in the Aylesbury Day Nursery & Aylesbury Salon Intuition
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
Here at Buckinghamshire College Group, we are passionate about helping people of all ages and abilities to achieve their learning goals and life aspirations. You will find a warm welcome at all of our campuses in; Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, where we are a thriving community of over 590 Staff and 7,000 students and we are sure that whatever your aspirations and career goals, we can help you to achieve them.
This College does one of the most important jobs in the country - educating people of all ages to help them to succeed in life and create the skills society needs. Moreover, we do it well. We have high standards, with good success rates for students and more students joining us each year.
Our staff are the most important resource that the College has in securing this success. We therefore value our staff highly and offer a competitive reward and benefits package.
We hope you will want to be part of Buckinghamshire College Group and we very much look forward to welcoming you.
Taking Teaching Further
The College actively engages with the Education & Training Foundation’s Taking Teaching Further scheme to recruit industry professionals to teach within Further Education.
As industry professionals offer our students industry experience and insight we support our unqualified teachers to learn ‘on the job’. You will be given full support throughout your development to fully qualified teacher status. Whilst in employment you would be enrolled onto the Level 3 Award in Education and Training. After completion you can choose to move be onto our Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification. This is a great way for experienced professionals to achieve a recognised teaching qualification whilst in employment.
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCG is committed to equal opportunities for all, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and staff alike; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Only completed applications will be considered for this role. All applicants will need to complete an application form via our College Website, a member of the team will contact you once you have submitted your CV with details on how to complete this.
For more information on the role please contact HR directly.
Closing date for applications is the 27th September 2023, with interviews taking shortly after.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if we receive sufficient applications or source a suitable candidate. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
- Level 3 qualification in relevant area or equivalent in industry experience.
- Qualified teacher or Assessor, or willing to work towards teaching/assessing qualification with specified time
- Maths and English qualification to Level 2 or higher.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of teaching or assessing
- Industry experience in the relevant area and passion to share knowledge and skills
- An in-depth and practical knowledge of relevant subject.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding/Child Protection issues relevant to the post
- Ability to develop students’ employability, life and learning skills to satisfy College and employer needs.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students to be ambitious for themselves and to attain to their highest level.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of students on both theoretical and practical aspects.
- Ability to use ILT facilities to support student learning and effectively maintain course management.
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Able to work with LSA to support students learning
- Ability to plan and prepare innovative schemes of work, lesson plans and assessment schedules which motivate students to achieve
Other Specific Qualities
- Ability to demonstrate values, beliefs and behaviours suitable to work with children and young people.
- Ability to manage and promote positive student behaviour.
- Able to reflect on own practice, evaluate and adapt as and when required.
- Excellent communicator who can build positive and collaborative relationships with others.
- Prepared to be actively involved in the development of courses.
- Demonstrable commitment to Equality & Diversity, Child Protection, Safeguarding and Prevent showing a desire to challenge inequality & promote diversity and adhere to College Policies and Procedures.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
Deadline for applications: 27 September, 2023
This is an external job opportunity. Clicking on apply will take you to an external website where you can find out more and apply.Apply