Are you passionate about developing the literacy skills of students? Perhaps you have a background in teaching English, are seeking a career change or are a newly qualified teacher looking for great environment to kick off your teaching career. If you understand the importance of developing the literacy skills of students so they can achieve more than they ever thought possible and progress in their chosen careers, then we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Lecturer – English to contribute to BCG’s mission; to transform futures for the people of Buckinghamshire and beyond.
You will be inclusive, innovative, student- focused and team-orientated to ensure that BCG students benefit from exceptional learning experiences and can make progress towards their career goals. If you are looking for your next challenge want to join a forward-thinking, supportive and collaborative team of colleagues, are dedicated to student success and are keen to make a positive difference then you have the Bucks College Factor!
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role or pop in for a tour, please contact Arlene Bandelaria, Executive Assistant at email@example.com
Full-time Lecturer – English – Amersham Campus (35 hours per week)*
2 x Part time Lecturer – English – Amersham Campus (17.5 hours per week)*
Full-time Lecturer – English – Aylesbury & Wycombe campuses (35 hours per week)*
*Please state which post/s you are interested in on your application when applying.
Key knowledge, skills and experience we are looking for:
- Strong subject knowledge in English
- A commitment to delivering high-quality teaching, learning and assessment
- A willingness to engage in regular continuous professional development
- The drive to make a positive contribution to students' success
The successful candidate will be required to
- Deliver student success through high-quality teaching and learning, every day.
- Plan, deliver and assess GCSE and Functional Skills English qualifications.
- Track and monitoring the progress of learners.
- Contribute to the development of English provision that meets the needs of students, employers and stakeholders now and in the future.
- Undertake in-house teacher training qualification/s if you are not yet a fully qualified teacher
While working at Buckinghamshire College Group you can also take advantage of a host of employee benefits including:
- Pension scheme
- 35 holiday entitlement & additional annual leave purchase scheme
- Free onsite parking
- A wide range of learning - access to free training & continuous professional development including leadership development
- A bespoke package of intensive induction and probation support
- Flexible working policy and a commitment to employee wellbeing
- Discounts in the Aylesbury Day Nursery & Aylesbury Salon Intuition
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCG is committed to equal opportunities for all, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and staff alike; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
For more information on the role please contact HR directly.
Closing date for applications is the 10th October 2023, with interviews taking place shortly after.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if we receive sufficient applications or source a suitable candidate. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Only completed applications will be considered for this role. All applicants will need to complete an application form via our College Website
- Level 3 qualification in relevant area or Degree level qualification in a relevant subject area or equivalent in industry experience.
- Teaching qualification or willingness to obtain designated teaching qualification within specified time.
- Maths and English qualification to Level 2 or higher.
- Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) or willingness to work towards.
- Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice (CLIQA) or willingness to work towards.
- Up to date, relevant industry or professional experience
- An in-depth and practical knowledge of relevant subject.
- Knowledge of current qualification structure.
- Knowledge of issues affecting Further Education.
- Relevant, successful experience of instructing, training or teaching.
- Recent, successful professional experience in the relevant area
- Ability to develop students’ employability, life and learning skills to satisfy College and employer needs.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students to be ambitious for themselves and to attain to their highest level.
- Skills, knowledge and understanding to teach a range of subjects and qualification levels.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of students on both theoretical and practical aspects.
- Ability to use ILT facilities to support student learning and effectively maintain course management.
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Able to work with LSA/LDA to support students learning
- Able to manage an instructor/technician (where appropriate).
- Ability to plan and prepare innovative schemes of work, lesson plans and assessment schedules which motivate students to achieve
Other Specific Qualities
- Ability to demonstrate values, beliefs and behaviours suitable to work with children and young people.
- Ability to manage and promote positive student behaviour.
- Able to reflect on own practice, evaluate and adapt as and when required.
- Excellent communicator who can build positive and collaborative relationships with others.
- Prepared to be actively involved in the development of courses.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work under pressure with changing priorities.
- Demonstrable commitment to Equality & Diversity, Child Protection, Safeguarding and Prevent showing a desire to challenge inequality & promote diversity and adhere to College Policies and Procedures.
- Able to interpret course data and identify strengths and areas for improvement
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
Deadline for applications: 10 October, 2023
This is an external job opportunity. Clicking on apply will take you to an external website where you can find out more and apply.Apply