Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you hold a qualification in Childcare and are looking to start or build upon your career in childcare. We are looking for a Full Time Term Time Only – Nursery Assistant to join our busy and successful Aylesbury College Day Nursery, based on site at our Aylesbury Campus.
The overall requirement of the Nursery Assistant is to promote and educate the children following the Early Years Foundation Stage statutory framework. You will work under the direction of The Head of Early Years Nursery/Pre-school to create and maintain a learning environment that reflects the Nursery’s diverse community.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Hold a diploma in Childcare and Education, NVQ Early Years Care and Education (Level 3) or equivalent.
- Ability to provide a stimulating environment for children 0-8 years
- Work in partnership with parents/carers to ensure the continuity of the child’s welfare, learning and creates opportunities to discuss the child’s development needs.
We will encourage you to develop new skills and expand your opportunities within the college. We are also flexible and accommodating, allowing you to be as productive as possible. While working at Buckinghamshire College Group you can also take advantage of a host of employee benefits including:
- Pension scheme LGPS (18.3% employer contribution)
- 30 holiday entitlement & Additional annual leave purchase scheme
- Free onsite parking
- A wide range of learning - access to free training & continuous professional development
- Discounts in the Aylesbury Salon Intuition
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
Here at Buckinghamshire College Group, we are passionate about helping people of all ages and abilities to achieve their learning goals and life aspirations. You will find a warm welcome at all of our campuses in; Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, where we are a thriving community of over 590 Staff and 7,000 students and we are sure that whatever your aspirations and career goals, we can help you to achieve them.
This College does one of the most important jobs in the country - educating people of all ages to help them to succeed in life and create the skills society needs. Moreover, we do it well. We have high standards, with good success rates for students and more students joining us each year.
Our staff are the most important resource that the College has in securing this success. We therefore value our staff highly and offer a competitive reward and benefits package.
We hope you will want to be part of Buckinghamshire College Group and we very much look forward to welcoming you.
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCG is committed to equal opportunities for all, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and staff alike; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Only completed applications will be considered for this role. All applicants will need to complete an application form via our College Website.
For more information on the role please contact HR directly.
Closing date for applications is the 11th April 2023 with interviews taking place 26th April.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if we receive sufficient applications or source a suitable candidate. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
- Childcare qualification – Award, Certificate, Diploma at Level 2
- An understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- An understanding of curriculum planning 0-8 years.
- Knowledge of the Every Child Matters outcomes
- An understanding of Health & Safety issues in a nursery setting.
- Experience of working with children in a Nursery setting.
- Ability to contribute to a stimulating environment for children 0-8 years.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Well-developed communication skills.
Other Specific Qualities
- Ability to interact with children.
- Have an understanding attitude towards children and their needs.
- Be aware of the importance of Equality and Diversity for staff, students, the children and the public, taking into account gender, race, disability etc.
- Demonstrable commitment to Equality and Diversity, Child Protection, Safeguarding and Prevent showing a desire to challenge inequality and promote diversity and adhere to College Policies and Procedures.
Deadline for applications: 11 April, 2023
This is an external job opportunity. Clicking on apply will take you to an external website where you can find out more and apply.Apply