37 hours per week
£31,450 FTE depending on experience + benefits
Overall function of the role
To be the point of contact and to support delivery of the Rural England Prosperity Fund (REPF) across West Northamptonshire. REPF is a rural funding programme which directly replaces previous EU funding provided through the Rural Development Programme for England. It is managed and administered at the local level. The post holder will work with the Programme Manager to ensure the successful delivery and completion of the grant funding programme. This role will ensure the targeted outcomes are achieved in accordance with the West Northamptonshire Council objectives.
This is an opportunity to support rural businesses with their grant applications which will enable their businesses to grow and create new jobs.
- To be a point of contact for businesses applying to the West Northamptonshire Council REPF, providing support for Ngage’s Rural Programme Manager.
- To work with the Programme Manager to ensure that the West Northamptonshire REPF programme successfully fulfils contract commitments and monitors outcomes/outputs of projects funded within this programme period (November 2023 - March 2025).
- To support applicants with their funding applications ensuring they meet the priorities of the funding programme.
- To organise, attend and help plan the grant panel meetings.
- To record minutes from all relevant meetings.
- To ensure adherence to all processes required by the funder
- To formally monitor the progress of projects across the West Northamptonshire REPF area.
- To keep the CRM system up-to-date and maintain other data capture systems as directed by Ngage Solutions.
- To provide regular reports and updates on the progress of projects as required by the Programme Manager.
- To undertake site visits when required to understand the proposed project
- To liaise with other relevant partner organisations to ensure a joined up approach to promotion of the funding.
- To promote the REPF through establishing excellent communication links within the rural community and to work in liaison with Ngage’s Marketing Team as directed by the Programme Manager.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post required by the Programme Manager or Ngage’s senior management team.
Our team members work remotely, usually from their home, supported by innovative technology and tools. This allows us to be agile and cost efficient and it allows our employees to better juggle their work and home life. You will be required to attend ad hoc meetings in person usually within Buckinghamshire.
We have a generous benefits package which includes a 10% non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), life assurance and a holiday purchase scheme.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion is a priority for us. We commit to consider applicants and employ people without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of their disability status. Please give us a call (01494 927130 and ask for HR) or email us (email@example.com) if you need us to make any changes to our application or interview process to ensure you can actively participate – we will try our best to accommodate you. We aim to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the essential criteria of the role.
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis, therefore the job advert may be removed once we’ve received sufficient applications.
Applications to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief which will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of business systems and business planning.
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a thorough approach and attention to detail.
- A good listener with effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent knowledge of local area
- Competency at managing your workload to achieve targets and to respond flexibly to changing needs and demands
- Capacity to undertake unaccompanied site visits, with a full driving licence with business cover on your insurance and access to a vehicle.
- Demonstrable IT skills particularly with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of a CRM
- Self-motivated and be able to work on your own as well as in partnership with others
- Experience of assisting businesses with their development.
- Rural project management/delivery experience.
- An understanding of wider local and national funding scheme’s
- Experience of administering grant funding programmes
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal office hours.
- To be a good team player willing to respond to the varying pressures across different programme areas
Deadline for applications: 30 November, 2023
Job applications for this role can be submitted by email to Recruitment@bbf.uk.com.Recruitment@bbf.uk.com