We are looking for dedicated candidates that will provide high quality support to the team across Adult Social Care which focuses on the personal wellbeing outcomes an individual wishes, to achieve strength-based support.
This is a 37 hours position (over 7 days). The shift pattern will either be an early or late shift of 7am–3pm or 1pm–9pm
You'll receive a 'Golden Hello’ lump-sum payment of £1000 paid on successful completion of your probationary period.
If you are helpful, patient and caring by nature then we want to hear from you!
About the role
To ensure the highest standards of service are provided to the residents of Buckinghamshire, your responsibilities as a Social Care Assistant will include:
- To deliver direct care and support within the community, to an agreed plan using own initiative, utilising management oversight remotely.
- To provide people with information and advice in relation to care and support and assistance in accessing care and support through various means.
- To respond to enquiries in an informative and knowledgeable way to enable people to better help themselves and others.
- To work as part a CQC Registered service in the community, maintaining a high degree of autonomy and utilising own initiative in delivering compliant care and support independently.
- Ensuring an agreed plan meets individual’s care and support outcomes needs and to empower the individual to access early intervention and preventative services.
- To inform senior colleagues and adhere to safeguarding procedure of any concerns which arise in relation to the safety of vulnerable adults.
- To work in partnership with individuals, carers, service providers, voluntary sector and other professionals.
As a ‘fixed’ worker, you’ll spend most of your time in the same location, which will likely be a fixed office or location where your role is performed. Typically, you’ll be based in the same location as the rest of your team, because you provide a particular service from that fixed location or need access to information there.
Naturally, you will be a great people person, able to deliver practical care and support to an agreed plan, within the community or as part of a CQC regulated function, using own initiative to problem solve utilising remote management oversight, where required.
This may involve undertaking a specialist role that requires specific training (e.g. autism services) or undertaking and administering personal care and/or medication. Post holders may hold a minimum Level 2 Care Certificate.
Here's what Stephanie had to say 'Every single day that I go to work I make a positive difference in someone’s life. My work has true meaning, and even if I've had a challenging day, I know that I've made a positive contribution.'
If you'd like to hear from some of our current social care employees, take a look at our careers social media pages Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
- Awareness of the services provided by the range of partners and communities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of vulnerable adults.
- Be able to work effectively within a professional environment.
- Be able to manage demands.
- Commitment to training and personal development.
- Sensitivity and empathy to build trusting and supportive relationships with clients and families.
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 3 to 1 (D to G), or equivalent
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- Ability to work flexibly, evenings and weekends
- Enhanced DBS check
- Possess a qualification in OT, Nursing or via Health & Social Care qualification.
- An understanding of the principle of social work practice and underpinning legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of assessment and support planning
- Experience of working with Adults in a social care setting or undertaking voluntary work with adults.
- Experience of working with a variety of Microsoft Office systems.
- Experience of working with professionals within social care including social workers, nurses and occupational therapists.
- Be able to use initiative within boundaries set by the Team Manager/Advanced Practitioner.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to individual and reflective supervision
Deadline for applications: 3 December, 2023
This is an external job opportunity. Clicking on apply will take you to an external website where you can find out more and apply.Apply