Over a dozen 30 Minute One-to-One Sessions Available throughout the day.
This FREE online event is designed to provide business start-ups and owner-managers of SMEs with one-to-one advice and guidance on a range of matters that may affect them including minimising taxes, making tax digital (MTD), allowable business expenses, cloud accounting software, record keeping, employing staff, Self Assessment, etc.
Bookable 30 minute one-to-one video call sessions are available throughout the day from 10.30 am to 7.00 pm which will provide an opportunity for you to have your financial queries addressed by a member of the ICAEW Chartered Accountant's Business Advice Service.
The one-to-one sessions are tailored to your business needs but typically cover:
1. Pros and Cons of setting up as self-employed or limited company;
2. Tax allowable business expenses;
3. How does VAT work and when are you required to register for VAT?
4. Benefits of registering for VAT on a voluntary basis;.
5. Choice of VAT schemes;
6. What accounting records must you keep and for how long?
7. What is MTD (Making Tax Digital) and does it apply to your business?
8. Advice on suitable cloud accounting software plus the FREE software options;
9. Choice of Salary v Dividends for company directors;
10. Covid-19 Government support to businesses;
11. Government’s Kickstart Scheme;
12. Do I need to use an accountant and the best way of finding a good accountant who can help you minimise your taxes.
About your Host
Raj Grover - Principal Grover & Co. Chartered Accountants
Raj is a Chartered Accountant with over 30 years of auditing, accounting and taxation experience who has saved many of his clients £1,000s. Prior to setting up his own accountancy practice, Raj trained and qualified with BDO Binder Hamlyn, the international firm of chartered accountants. Raj, an economics graduate, also has extensive training experience; he has been a lecturer at Thames Valley University (now University of West London) and has trained up 1,000s of businesses at Grover & Co. Chartered Accountant’s training arm London School of Accountancy.
Raj has recently presented financial workshops at Metro Bank, local Chambers of Commerce, business incubators, etc. and at Microsoft’s flagship store in Regent’s Street. Raj is quickly able to impart his practical skills and has assisted 100’s of businesses in embracing cloud accounting to ensure that they are MTD (Making Tax Digital) compliant.
Raj has acted as a business mentor for the Prince’s Trust providing business support and advice on a voluntary basis to recently established businesses.
Free 30 Minute one-to-one video call with a member of the ICAEW Business Advice Service - Various 30 minute sessions available throughout the day on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tickets for this event are no longer available.