This virtual event is part of the ‘Be Your Own Boss’ Community Board, Business Start Up initiative that helps people develop the skills and meet the contacts they need in order to give their business idea the best chance of success.
The online event is open to anyone based within one of the following Community Board areas:
- Beaconsfield and Chepping Wye
- Buckingham and Villages
- Denham, Gerrards Cross and Chalfonts
- High Wycombe
- North West Chilterns
- South West Chilterns
The event will start you on the path to running your own business, highlighting everything on offer and enabling you to join up to the rest of the initiative. It will also give you a broad insight into how and what is needed to get going with your new venture.
This one day webinar workshop will help you to answer the following questions…
- Is running a business right for me?
- How do I start and what are the legal requirements?
- How do I evaluate my business idea?
- What help can I get with selling, marketing, branding etc…?
- What support is available to me?
As part of this Business Start Up initiative you will also be able to attend:
- A Be Your Own Boss 2 Day event - a more in-depth session which follows on from the Enterprise Day
- A 2 hour one-to-one session with a Business Adviser
What others have said they liked about this event:
"It was nice meeting others in the same position as me. Great facilitation by Ian who gave a useful introduction to the services provided by BBF."
"I enjoyed the event content, the way it was presented and the opportunity to spend time with like-minded people."
"It is very encouraging to see others who have succeeded having their own business."
To book your place
Scroll down to the 'Book now' area below to reserve your place. If you are not based within the areas covered by the Community Boards mentioned above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to a waiting list and contact you should a space become available on this or an alternative event.
Each event is FREE for participants to attend as places are fully funded by the Community Boards - to the value of £250 per participant. It is therefore vital that should you be unable to attend for any reason, you contact email@example.com to let us know in advance - so that your place can be given to someone else and the funding not wasted.
A link and password to join the webinar will be sent via email one hour prior to the start time
The Be Your Own Boss programme is part of the Community Board business start-up initiative, delivered in partnership with Buckinghamshire Business First and funded by Beeches, Beaconsfield and Chepping Wye, Buckingham and Villages, Denham, Gerrards Cross and Chalfonts, North West Chilterns, South West Chilterns and Wycombe Community Boards.
- During the session - we will be referring to the Business Model Canvas - please print a copy of this prior to the webinar, if you can. If this isn't possible - this won't be a problem as it will be available on the screen to view.
- To make the most of attending this webinar on Zoom, please download our Zoom Attendee Guide. If entering a Zoom meeting for the first time you will need to download a small application file. Full instructions can be found within the Zoom attendee guide.
Tickets for this event are no longer available.