Visit our Brexit webpage for top tips on preparing for Brexit, links to useful resources & highlights of the Buckinghamshire Brexit Summit.
Buckinghamshire Brexit Summit
The Buckinghamshire Brexit Summit, held alongside Buckinghamshire County Council, took a long look at how the county is preparing for Brexit and what the future may hold for local businesses.
Roundtable discussions on the day highlighted many issues that businesses would like clarity and movement on. Thoughts included:
On global trading:
- A central bank of contacts locally and nationally for exporting support
- Financial help to export, possibly in the form of subsidies
- Exporting skills training
- Greater promotion of the Department for International Trade
On skills and recruitment:
- Predicting and preparing for what jobs will be around in 10-15 years’ time
- Long term government view required on the labour market
- Possible incentives for studying degrees in sought after jobs and sectors
- More promotion of and support for T-Levels and apprenticeships
On red tape:
- Simplifying the language around regulations to make them more accessible and understandable
- Brexit being a good chance to wipe the slate clean on red tape and ensure there isn’t an overabundance of regulations
- A buddy system whereby larger companies mentor smaller ones on issues they struggle with
Stay on top of Brexit
Brexit will of course continue to dominate the news cycle in 2018, with businesses braced for the impact and busy looking for opportunities that may come their way.
The Brexit section on our website will be the hub for all the latest Brexit news and events that local businesses need to know about, so check back over the coming weeks and months for the latest.
Watch our Brexit advice videos
Get advice from experts on how to prepare for Brexit, what opportunities you could tap into, and more. Watch the following videos:
- Summing up Brexit in one word
- Top tips to prepare for Brexit
- What impact has Brexit had on businesses?
- Opportunities for business from Brexit
- How to prepare right now for Brexit
Have your say on Brexit and Buckinghamshire
If you have further ideas on how Buckinghamshire can prepare for and get the best out of Brexit, we would love to hear them. Email us at email@example.com.
If you need support with understanding how Brexit will impact upon your business, contact our business support team at BusinessSupport@bbf.uk.com.