Diversity has become an imperative to attract and retain the best talent, write Thomas International, as they launch a diversity whitepaper.
Diversity and inclusion is a hot topic in the corporate world in 2018, from the reality of the gender pay gap becoming further exposed to increasing anti-diversity scandals. Needless to say, there appears to be a need to recap, re-educate and re-strategise diversity as a fundamental strength in business, embraced no matter what size or industry. It has become an imperative to attract and retain the best talent, a mechanism to create synergy between a diverse workforce and a successful business.
Businesses leaders can reflect and ask themselves:
- Is diversity at the heart of my business?
- Does diversity boost or risk group performance?
- How can I handle challenges that come with promoting diversity?
- What ‘types’ of diversity are in question?
- Do my workforce reflect the clients we communicate with and sell to?
- Do I believe that a diverse workforce can increase business and profitability?
- What can I do to transform both managerial and employee mindset and make diversity a way of life?
Thomas International’s whitepaper on workplace diversity
We have co-authored a whitepaper to explore the case for workplace diversity, the challenges it brings, and how businesses can successfully cultivate a diverse workplace.
We will continue to examine how diversity and inclusivity has shaped, and will continue to shape, the human experience and identity in the workplace - and how companies can start tracking execution and addressing unconscious bias, among other challenges, with psychometric assessments.
Download workplace diversity whitepaper
If you have a question on diversity and inclusion in the workplace, or would like to find out more about using Thomas International tools in your organisation, contact: