Join tourism and hospitality business leaders in a series of online tourism and hospitality masterclasses brought to you through a partnership of Visit Buckinghamshire, Be The Business and Buckinghamshire Business First.
In the sixth of a new series of eight weekly 45-minute masterclasses designed to help hospitality and tourism firms take control again, our sixth session looks at the 8 pillars of strategic leadership that every business owner and leader should consider as part of their bounce back planning and overall recovery.
What will be covered?
Hosted by industry experts and featuring the stories of hospitality and tourism businesses just like yours, our online masterclasses are a great way to kick-start the important rebuild effort your business faces.
Use an hour over lunch to see how the way you lead your business needs to change in light of evolving consumer behaviours and a new way of operating.
- Understanding market mapping
- Plotting your market position
- Identifying competitors
- Identifying complementors
- Collaborating with other businesses
What will you learn?
- How to map your market position
- Where else do your customers spend their money
- How to identify your competitors and complementors
- When to collaborate
- How two businesses collaborated to bounce back stronger
Who should attend?
Buckinghamshire's tourism and hospitality business owners, leaders, managing directors, general manangers and senior managers motivated to improve business performance and rebuild their businesses and our local economies.
To book your place
To book your place on this event please scroll down to the bottom of this page.
What is the Masterclass Series?
A series of 8 online masterclasses that will discuss the big business strategies that can be applied as small business tactics. Sessions will support you in continuing your business recovery and feature the stories of business leaders like you.
- The 8 pillars of strategic leadership
- Embedding resilience: market trends and the art of the pivot
- Customer Journey Part 1: Off-site, online, on it!
- Customer Journey Part 2: New world, new rules
- Getting to know your revenue streams: who are your customers really?
- Market mapping and competitive collaboration: rebuilding our economy together
- It's not you, it's me: understanding personality types and the rise of Gen Z
- My business. My people. My responsibility.
The Tourism & Hospitality programme has been developed in partnership by Visit Buckinghamshire, Buckinghamshire Business First and Be the Business as part of its Collaborative Networks for Tourism and Hospitality activity.
Alexander Rushton, Hospitality Programme Lead, Be the Business
Alex Rushton leads the Be the Business Collaborative Networks for Hospitality & Tourism programme. Alex spent his early career in project management before moving into the events industry where he designed and delivered a wide range of training and conference events before moving to direct large-scale international congresses and trade shows. He is now working nationwide to support the tourism and hospitality sectors as part of the Be the Business national movement.
Jon Yantin, Stake Concepts
Jon is a senior hospitality professional with over 25 years’ experience across hotels, restaurants, bars, clubs and casinos. Having worked in corporate, entrepreneurial and NASDAQ listed organisations, Jon brings a wealth of sector experience, specialising in business planning, fundraising, site selection, conceptualisation, licensing, operations, development and launch alongside strong commercial acumen and in-depth operational understanding.
Today Jon operates Stake Concepts, a boutique advisory firm and is currently advising a range of hotel developers and operators across the UK and Europe.
Tickets for this event are no longer available.