We know that many business owners have been focused on dealing with the economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. However, with less than 80 days to go until the end of the EU transition period, businesses have been urged by the Business Secretary, Alok Sharma to act now to ensure they are prepared for any changes that will affect them.
Business process changes
No matter what final agreement is reached with the EU by the end of this year, from 1st January there will be guaranteed changes in the following areas:
- The import and export of goods
- Hiring processes for recruiting people from the EU
- How businesses provide services in EU markets
Help to obtain further support and resources:
Buckinghamshire Business First has a comprehensive transition support hub which includes a range of detailed resources and a number of upcoming webinars to support you. Things you could do to help your business:
- Complete the survey to understand what actions need to be taken for your organisation gov.uk/transition
- Find out about the latest advice on import and export rules
- Review information and tools surrounding Immigration and employment changes, including sponsorship guidelines
- Update yourself on Government advice including funding, labelling, safety requirements, haulage and more.
Please take action now to avoid the risk of your business operations being interrupted. It is worth checking with suppliers and customers that they are also implementing any necessary changes.
If we can help or support your business in preparing for the upcoming changes, please contact one of our Business Support Advisors on 01494 927130 or email BusinessSupport@bbf.uk.com. Alternatively, visit our transition support hub.