Apply for a Local Restrictions Support Grant or a Bucks Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) by January 31st. The ARG is separate from the one available in November, so you will need to apply again for the one relating to December if you are eligible.
Local Restrictions Support Grants
Local Restrictions Support Grants are for businesses that have a rateable value and have been told to close, businesses in the hospitality sector that have been severely impacted, or nightclubs that have been closed since March.
- Local restrictions support grant (for businesses that are mandated to close because of restrictions. If you are a business rates payer that has been forced to close during national or local restrictions, you may be eligible for this grant.
- Local restrictions support grant (for hospitality and leisure businesses that are able to stay open but are impacted by conditions such as reduced custom, COVID safety restrictions etc.)
- Nightclub, dance hall or adult entertainment business grant (for businesses in the nightclub industry that were required to close due to national restrictions that were imposed in March 2020 and have been unable to reopen.)
Bucks Additional Restrictions Grant
If you have been heavily impacted as a result of the COVID-19 restrictions during December 2020, and have not been able to get support through the Local Restrictions Support Grant or Self Employment Income Support Scheme, you can apply for the Bucks Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
The grant is open to applicants until 31st January 2021 at midnight, following which the applications window will be closed.
This is a separate ARG grant to the one that was available for November, so you will need to submit a new application for this one if you think you are eligible.
It’s not essential to be a business rates payer to be eligible for this fund, but:
- your business income in December 2020 must be at least 30% less than your business income in December 2019.
You will not be eligible if:
- you are already eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grants (closed, open or sector) from 2nd December 2020.
- you are a self-employed individual already receiving support through the government’s Self Employment Income Support Scheme.
In addition, your business must:
- be based in Buckinghamshire. Milton Keynes-based businesses should apply to the Milton Keynes Council for their version of this fund.
The amount awarded will be determined by the number of employees in the business:
- Self-employed (not claiming SEISS) - £1,500
- 4 or less employees - £2,250
- 5 or more employees - £4,500
Wet-led Pubs Christmas Support Grant
A £1,000 grant is availble for eligible wet-led pubs that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who to contact for more information
If you are interested in one of these grants, please go directly to the Buckinghamshire Council website to check if you meet the criteria. If you have any queries relating to these grants, please contact the Council directly as follows:
Local Restriction Support Grant (LRSG)
- Aylesbury area: 01296 585096
- Chiltern area: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01494 732077
- South Bucks area: SBDCbusinessrates.email@example.com / 01895 837540
- Wycombe area: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01494 412226
Additional Restriction Grant (ARG)
Stay up to date with COVID-19 support
Visit our COVID-19 homepage for the latest announcements, advice, support and funding.