Internationalisation Fund; free digital service for UK food and drink sellers; key benefits of UK-Australia trade deal; UK-India Free Trade Agreement consultation.
SMEs can apply for co-investment funding from the Department for International Trade’s (DIT) new Internationalisation Fund, using European Regional Development Funding (ERDF).
Funding can be used on advice from third party private sector experts to help SMEs prepare for international trade, which can include market research, PR, intellectual property, legal advice and a whole lot more.
England’s Finest – Food & Drink Buyers Network
A free digital service from the Department for International Trade aims to connect international buyers with UK sellers in the food and drink industry.
The Food & Drink Buyers Network is an online marketplace with a searchable database allowing registered users to initiate contact with suitable suppliers.
The free platform allows businesses to search and connect with top quality international food and drink brands, helping build trusted, international relationships.
UK-Australia free trade deal agreed
The UK has agreed the main elements of a trade deal with Australia, creating tariff-free trade on all UK goods.
The Department for International Trade has outlined the key benefits of the UK-Australia trade deal.
Learn all about exporting to Australia.
UK-India Free Trade Agreement Consultation
The UK and Indian governments have agreed a ‘2030 Roadmap’ which will provide a framework for UK-India relations across health, climate, trade, education, science and technology, and defence.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) has launched a 14-week public consultation, running until the end of August, to gather views from a broad range of participants regarding experiences of doing business with India.
DIT says that: “This public consultation provides stakeholders with the opportunity to express their views about a UK-India free trade agreement, which will help shape government policy positions and ensure a future trade deal benefits citizens and business in every region of the UK.”
You can submit your responses via the online questionnaire here.
For any enquiries, email: email@example.com
Further trade support available
- watch videos on HMRC's YouTube channel to familiarise yourself with the new customs processes and what you need to do before you trade goods with the EU
- use the trader checklist to make sure you’re familiar with the new rules that affect you
- use updated guides to understand the new customs and VAT requirements when moving goods between the UK and EU countries
- sign-up to the Trader Support Service if your client’s business is moving goods between GB and Northern Ireland, and access online training modules and webinars for support with the Northern Ireland Protocol
- ask and get answers to specific questions about HMRC processes for importing or exporting, by visiting their customer forums
- watch webinars and videos from other government departments to support you
- sign up to HMRC’s weekly email updates for news and information about importing and exporting with the EU, providing hints and tips for businesses like yours to get used to the new rules for importing and exporting
Brexit support hub
Visit our Brexit Support Hub for more information on post-EU business requirements.