Organised by Buckinghamshire Business First, the evening will be a glittering affair. The Buckinghamshire Business Awards recognise and reward the achievements of organisations both large and small from across the county. A perfect opportunity to thank valued employees and entertain special customers, why not book a table and bring them along for a fabulous night out.
Tickets can be purchased by any business, even if you have not submitted an entry to the Buckinghamshire Business Awards.
Master of Ceremonies - Derek Redmond
We are delighted to announce that our MC for the evening will be Derek Redmond.
One of Britain’s most famous athletes, Derek Redmond is a World and European relay champion. Having broken the British 400m record on two occasions, Derek was one of the country’s best athletes during the 1980s and 1990s. A key member of the relay squad that won gold at the 1991 World Championships in Tokyo, he competed at the highest level for over a decade and who doesn't remember the 1992 Barcelona Olympics and that first event when Derek's hamstring popped and he couldn't get up. He couldn’t get up and sprint but he had to get up and finish. He got up and hobbled and then remember his Dad coming onto the track , through security and coming to the rescue and putting his arms around his son and virtually carrying him to the point where they walked through the finishing line arm in arm.
The passion, the pain and what it was like to witness those incredible men fight for Derek's dream to complete that race will remain a memory for many…… we can’t remember any other runners, who won the Gold Medal or anything else about those Olympics but we remember Derek Redmond and his Dad.
- 6.30pm - Finalist Photography
- 6.45pm - Arrival & Drinks Reception
- 7.30pm - Three Course Dinner & Awards Ceremony
- 11.00pm - 11.30pm - Depart
Booking your tickets
Please ensure that you indicate clearly when making your booking:
- Whether you and your guests want to be “seated together” on one table or “dispersed” and sitting on several tables. A table seats 10 guests.
- Any specific dietary or access requirements applicable to any of your guests. Please check the menu published below.
- The names of all of your guests if these have been confirmed. If you do not know all guest names, please enter 'TBC' in the ticket name when booking. This information can then be updated at a later date.
The 2019 Buckinghamshire Business Awards are proudly sponsored by:
Black tie and evening dress
- 6.30pm - Arrival time for Awards Presenters and Finalists (all finalists will have been advised of their specific time slot for finalist photography)
- 6.45pm - Arrival & Drinks Reception for all guests
By Train – The Chiltern Rail service links Aylesbury with London Marylebone. The towns station is a five minute walk from the Theatre.
By Bus – Aylesbury Waterside Theatre is located within 200 metres of Aylesbury’s main bus station.
By Car – There are plenty of car parks nearby Aylesbury Waterside Theatre within easy walking distance of the Theatre including a multi-storey car park in Walton Street (for sat navs enter HP21 7QP). The Exchange Street and Waterside North carparks are opposite the Theatre.
Waterside Car Park (serving Waitrose, Travelodge and Theatre customers) is next to the Theatre and Floor 3 of the pay and display car park is available for Theatre patrons. For more information on parking please follow: https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/aylesbury/?arriving=201909021230&leaving=201909021430
Winners of Awards
Our PR Sponsor will be capturing quotes from winning companies at the ceremony which will be used in the press supplement produced following the awards ceremony. Please be aware that the quote provided may be slightly edited for clarity and length.
- Derek Redmond
Former European and World Champion athlete
Awards Ceremony Menu
- Kiln roasted smoked salmon, quails eggs, watercress & asparagus salad
- Burrata & figs with truffle honey summer salad (V)
- Feather blade of English Beef with rich Bourguignon sauce, horseradish mash, buttered hispi cabbage, honey roasted carrots
- Wild mushroom & asparagus risotto cakes with a roasted tomato béarnaise sauce (V)
- Passion fruit mousse with raspberry meringues and mango coulis
Tickets for this event are no longer available.